Workers Compensation in San Antonio TX, Houston TX, and Surrounding Areas
Keep Your Employees Protected.
For most employers, workers’ compensation insurance is necessary for risk management and loss control practices. By maintaining this coverage, your business will be well-equipped to respond to workplace incidents that leave employees injured or ill. If you lack a workers’ compensation policy, injured or ill employees may be unable to access adequate medical care, and your business may have to pay high out-of-pocket costs.
Who Needs Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Although Texas is the only state that does not legally require workers’ compensation, the lack of a legislative mandate does not mean that employers can afford to be negligent about acquiring this essential coverage. All employers should strongly consider maintaining a robust workers’ compensation insurance policy to ensure that they and their employees can access the financial resources to manage the aftermath of workplace injuries and illnesses.
What Does Workers’ Compensation Cover?
An adequate workers’ compensation policy can help your business manage many losses and expenses after a workplace incident. In most cases, this type of coverage may provide financial assistance for the following:
- Medical bills—This coverage can help an injured or ill employee pay for medical services made necessary by a workplace incident.
- Wage replacement—If an employee must take time off or cannot perform their usual duties due to a work-related illness or injury, your insurance can help them recoup lost or reduced earnings.
- Disability benefits—Workers’ compensation insurance may provide benefits to employees who become disabled due to a workplace injury or illness.
- Death benefits—This coverage may compensate family members financially if a workplace incident proves fatal.
- Legal expenses—If a work-related injury or illness leads to your business being sued, this coverage can provide financial assistance for legal costs, such as for representation and settlements.
How Much Does Workers’ Compensation Cost?
Your business’s workers’ compensation premiums may depend on several factors. Insurance companies must thoroughly assess your operations and circumstances before being able to provide an accurate quote. In most cases, the following criteria may be considered:
How to Get Workers’ Compensation Insurance
We’re here to help. At M A R Insurance Group, our agents have the expertise and experience to analyze your business’s workers’ compensation insurance needs. We will work with you to explain your options and build optimal coverage. Contact us today to get started.